Each month, we shine a spotlight on the 10 ERC-20 projects with the highest-recorded developer activity during the past month (as calculated by Santiment).
We asked all 10 of them what they’ve been working on for the past month. Here’s what they told us:
(editor’s note: there are several projects on this list, like æternity and Holo, that are being developed on their own blockchains, but still currently use Ethereum as a platform for their tokens.)
“Over the last month, Status has been focused on delivering general improvements to the core application as well as key features that introduce additional SNT Utility into the app. Such features include the Status Sticker Market, Tribute to Talk, Network Incentivization, and the Status Teller Network. All of these features are defined and outlined in GitHub here.
There is a lot of activity in the two primary repos. Status-react – which is written in clojure and handles the UI logic as well as interactions in the app for things such as between distributed applications (DApps) and the user. And Status-Go – which is written in Go and where all the blockchain logic, transactions, and light client work lives.
“In February, the æternity dev team introduced notable improvements to the æternity node including UPnP/NAT-PMP implementation, enhanced state channels stability, and improved API functionality.
Phase 1 of AE token migration to the Mainnet ended on February 15. All users who migrated their AE tokens by that date can expect them to become available on the Mainnet after the first scheduled upgrade of the æternity protocol (hard fork) – Minerva (2.0.0).
Release 2.0.0 was first activated on the UAT Testnet as to allow the monitoring of the æternity node network. Since no issues were identified, the Minerva release became available for download in GitHub this week.
All node operators willing to remain on the main chain after fork activation, should update their software. Release 2.0.0 introduces several consensus-breaking changes that improve the æternity Virtual Machine, Sophia language and state channels.
The æternity Minerva fork will activate on block height 47800, ~March 6, 2019; 01:00 PM CET.”
- “We launched our V3 Storage Node alpha, where anyone with underutilized resources can join the V3 network and get compensated!
- We made some final adjustments to our Satellite GUI, which we will be launching in the Vanguard release. This is the web app users will sign up through to use the Storj network to store data.
- We also added support for multi-tenant Satellites. This will enable multiple people to use one Satellite.
- We welcomed Katherine Johnson, who serves as Director of Compliance Regulation at Coinbase and also helped launch the People of Color ERG, to the Storj Board of Directors
- We posted an overview of Kademlia, and its usage in various decentralized platforms (like Storj, Ethereum, IPFS, and Swarm)
- RTrade Technologies announced a sneak peak of a Storj-backed IPFS node, bringing performant, decentralized storage to IPFS.